Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sonoma Wineries

After vising Cornerstone, we went on two days worth of wine tours through Sonoma.  Here are some photos of the wineries that we visited:



Day one started with a visit to Cline Winery - Not just your classic winery, Cline also features an impressive collection of unique birds.





Viansa Winery - This winery features an impressive deck that overlooks a lovely wetland.  I suggest picking something up from the deli and enjoying your snack on the deck.  Perhaps you can even play a little bocce on the bocce court afterwards...


We finished off day one with glasses of champagne at Gloria Ferrer - delish!












Day two started off with a visit to the Ferrari-Carano Vineyards and Winery.  They have a beautiful garden and a great wild boar statue at the Villa Fiore wine shop and tasting room.  The statue is reminiscent of the wild boar statue in Florence, Italy.  The legend is that if you touch the nose of the wild boar that it will grant you good luck!  Needless to say, I gave the boar's nose a little rub for good luck.  







Our final stop of the trip was the Ledson Winery.  What a gorgeous building, huh??  We sampled some amazing wines including one that hasn't even been released yet!  Yum!


All in all it was a fantastic vacation!  If you ever get the chance to go, take it!  And, if you have been before and think I missed out on seeing something please leave me a comment so I can start my list of must-sees for my next trip :)  As for me, I will be working on planning my September East Coast vacation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment