Friday, March 16, 2012

Relaxation Palm Springs Style

To get away from one's working environment is, in a sense, to get away from one's self; and this is often the chief advantage of travel and change.  -Charles Horton Cooley

To me, travel is an important part of living a happy and fulfilling life.  I am as happy exploring somewhere new as I am returning to a familiar vacation spot - I'm not picky as long as I am able to get away from home and my normal routine on a regular basis.  Over the past few years my family has rediscovered Palm Springs as a fantastic Spring Break destination.  Years and years ago my Papa and Nana owned a home in Palm Springs where they would go to relax in the warmth of the desert.  I can honestly say that it is one one of the places where I am the most relaxed.  With the sunshine, the pools, the fresh fruits and veggies, what's not to love?

I returned last Friday from a week in Palm Springs with my aunt, cousins, and niece.  We spent our days lounging by the pool, reading, eating grapefruit right off the tree in our backyard, shopping, and exploring.  We had amazing weather for the whole week minus the crazy windstorm/sandstorm that kicked up one afternoon.

My daily view from the lounger

Manicured trees

Palm Trees with the infamous Palm Springs Wind Mills in the background

Sunset

Backyard Sunset

Dusk

Windstorm!!

Windstorm x 2

Full Moon

Windmills



If you are planning a Palm Springs vacation here are my list of the top 5 things to do:

#1 Evening drinks poolside at the Viceroy hotel
#2 Shopping at the Desert Hills Premium Outlets
#3 Visit the Joshua Tree National Park (pics to come)
#4 Explore the Palm Springs Villagefest an evening market that happens every Thursday night on Palm Canyon Drive.  Tip: plan to have dinner at the market - there are a lot of amazing choices!
#5 Feed the giraffes at The Living Desert


Hope everyone had an amazing week!  Cheers to the weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment