Saturday, June 23, 2012

Weekend Trip to Victoria

I recently spent the weekend on Vancouver Island visiting my parents.  I spent a couple days in Victoria and then headed up to Parksville for a couple fun filled days of beach walks, mini golf, and general relaxation.  I don't know what it is about the island but I immediately feel myself relax when I get there.  That said, the process of getting there is never as relaxing as I want it to be.  I don't quite understand why I can never seem to be early for the ferry... I also cut it uncomfortably close and then curse myself the whole journey hoping I won't miss the boat.  Silly, I know.

This particular weekend was no exception.  By the time I arrived at the ferry and sat down in my seat I was exhausted from all the rushing and stress - definitely not the way I wanted to kick off my long weekend.  Lucky for me a surprise was waiting for me and all the other lucky passengers on the ferry: a performance from Headwater.  The Vancouver based band was en route to Victoria for a couple shows and their impromptu show helped turn my day around.    

Headwater

Later in the day while waiting for our takeout from Noodle Box to be ready my Mom and I went for a quick walk through Chinatown.  If you get a chance to head over to Victoria be sure to explore Chinatown and check out Fan Tan Alley - there is so much history and there are so many beautiful things to see.  It is a must visit!

Fan Tan Alley

Fan Tan Alley

Fan Tan Alley

Fan Tan Alley
 

No comments:

Post a Comment