Sunday, February 13, 2011

Viva Las Vegas

I have to admit that unlike most people my age I never really had a big desire to go to Vegas.  I know, I know, it's kind of weird.  Most of my friends started going to Vegas on a semi-regular basis as soon as they turned 21 but to me it was just never on the list (sidebar: the list I refer to is my super lengthy list of places I must visit).  It wasn't that I didn't think it would be fun (it was) or that I didn't think I would have a good time (I did), I just wasn't into it.  All that changed a couple of years ago when booking a trip to Palm Springs with my cousins and aunt.  The "kids" all decided that we should fly into Palm Springs, spend a week there, drive to Vegas, spend a couple of days in Vegas, and then fly home.  I figured that since we were going to be in the area anyways I may as well pack a couple of party dresses and go with the flow.  I have to admit, I had more fun than I thought I would and it wasn't all centered around blackjack, shopping, and dollar margaritas (though some of it surely was - especially the shopping part).  I found Vegas to be overwhelming and yet still uniquely beautiful.  So, without further adieu, some of my pics from my trip:







  

No comments:

Post a Comment