Saturday, February 5, 2011

New York, New York

This week I booked a fall trip to New York.  I am so excited to go back.  A couple of summers ago my sister and I took a long weekend and did New York sister style.  The weather was spectacular (some might say too hot but to be honest I just love the heat) and all in all it was a fantastic sisters trip.  During my trip planning I happened across some photos from our trip and thought I would share with all of you.

Enjoy!

So it occurred to me as I was posting this picture that I really have a weird thing about framing buildings between trees... I should really work on my range!

Central Park in the sunshine

Again with the use of trees as a framing device... 

Lady Liberty herself

When I was in high school I bought a photography book that had a photo of the Chrysler Building by Tom Baril in it.  The moment I saw that picture for the first time I fell in love with the Chrysler Building. I cannot tell you how excited I was to see it in person!  For your enjoyment, the Tom Baril picture is below.  Such an amazing shot!

Tom Baril, Chrysler Building, NYC, 1995


No comments:

Post a Comment