Sunday, January 16, 2011

Just a Girl and Her Lens

I met with a friend yesterday for coffee and we got to talking about our favourite things and what makes us happy.  I started to tell her how much I used to love photography and how much I used to love going out for hours to take photos.  She asked why I liked photography so much and the only way that I could describe it was that when I am taking photos it is just me and my lens (hence the title of this blog).  Everyone searches for that one thing that makes the rest of the world melt away and photography does that for me.

This blog will follow the adventures of me and my camera and the stories behind the photos that I post.

To start us off, here is one of my favourite photos of the Louvre in Paris.  For 2 and a 1/2 months in the summer of 2007 my friend Kathryn from A Domestic Goddess Wannabe and I travelled around Europe.  Some of our best days were the ones spent just wandering around exploring the cities we were visiting.  The night I took this photo we were just wandering around Paris and we ended up at the Louvre.  The light was perfect and the pyramids just looked so gorgeous.  We spent a verrry long time taking photos and walking around.  What a great night!

2 comments:

  1. so beautiful! such a fantastic trip! i must go back there one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of a photo I have in my kitchen....wonder why. Beautiful. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete