Monday, January 17, 2011

Vernazza

This picture is another old fav.  I love Italy - I mean love love.  Vernazza is a small town in Cinque Terre, which is made up of 5 towns that are connected by a walking path and the only ways to get from town to town are to walk or to take the train.  The town itself is built up onto the hills and is so gorgeous (lots of stairs!).  The first time I visited Vernazza we split the walks amongst a couple of days but the second time I visited we decided to take the train to Monterrosso to start our walk and walked the whole path all the way to Riomaggiore.  I took this picture of Vernazza from the path because I love the colours of all the buildings and the look of the steep cliffs and rocky landscape.  It really is such a gorgeous town.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment